Starting at $39.95
Herbal Respiratory Health Formula
Your body thrives on oxygen and poor respiration can dramatically deteriorate your quality of life, and can even be fatal. Respiratory health has been mostly ignored in the field of nutrition. But, new epidemiological research has suggested that there may be a significant connection between certain nutrients and optimal respiratory and lung function. Second Wind™ Herbal Respiratory Formula combines scientifically researched herbs and nutrients that may help you breathe easier.
Do you take good care of your lungs? Are You Among the Millions of Americans Who Are Having Trouble Breathing?
The lungs are among the body’s largest organs. The air we breathe enters our bodies through our trachea, which connects with other important elements in the lungs. According to the American Lung Association, over 35 million Americans suffer from a chronic lung disease like asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Doctors use the term chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) to describe lung damage caused by emphysema or chronic bronchitis.
Most lung diseases are due to genetics, infections, and smoking tobacco. In addition, exposure to air pollutants in the home and workplace can also play a role. Oxidative stress worsens COPD, so antioxidants help improve the symptoms.
In the case of chronic bronchitis, damage results from frequent irritation of the lungs, such as from exposure to cigarette smoke, air pollutants, or other noxious fumes, rather than from an infection. Allergies may also be the cause of chronic bronchitis. Over time, if not prevented or treated, it can lead to pulmonary hypertension, enlargement of the heart, and, ultimately, heart failure.
How Can Poor Respiration Can Impact Your Life?
If you have difficulty breathing, your activities can become limited. You may have a hard time climbing stairs or walking. It can reduce your ability to work. It can even cut into your social life by keeping you from eating out, getting together with friends and family, or make it nearly impossible to go to your place of worship.
Poor respiration can also lead to memory loss, depression, and can increase your odds of having arthritis, congestive heart failure, diabetes, coronary heart disease, stroke, or asthma.
Are You at Risk of Having Lung Problems?
As we age, it is easy to think that some of the common lung problems are just part of getting older. But, the reality is that they are not. It is important to take preventive measures and to look for alternatives that can support your lungs and immune system.
Keep in mind that you can also be at risk if you:
- Used to smoke or are still smoking
- Have constant exposure to environmental pollutants or lung irritants
- have been diagnosed with a genetic condition known as alpha-1 antitrypsin or AAT
If you can identify any lung disease early enough and treat it, you may be able to prevent it from getting worse.
Why Second Wind™?
Second Wind™ provides several natural nutrients and botanicals to support your lungs as well as your overall health and immune system.
These nutrients include:
#1: Licorice root extract.Licorice is widely used as an herbal remedy. Licorice in general has been used for ailments of the respiratory and gastrointestinal tracts. It contains important antioxidants like glycyrrhizin, which is known to stop the production of free radicals by acting as a potent scavenger. Other components such as licoricidin and glabridin can act as anti-inflammatories. These substances reduce swelling of the bronchial passageways to help with bronchitis and possibly asthma.
#2: N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine.When taken orally, NAC is rapidly absorbed and incorporated in the intracellular and extracellular glutathione stores. There is a rapidly growing body of evidence that points to the antioxidant properties of NAC and preventing the progression of pulmonary injury in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) by blocking free radical reactions.
#3: Bromelain.Bromelain is a proteolytic (protein-digesting) enzyme found in the stem and fruit of the pineapple plant. It is well-known as a digestive aid, but it has also been used for conditions such as upper respiratory tract infection, heart disease and more. It has shown to provide faster relief to people with irritation of the nasal membranes caused from allergies or infections. It provides relief to symptoms like stuffy nose, blockage in the nose and swelling.
#4: English Ivy leaf extract. Ivy leaf extract is an expectorant, and it treats cough and cold symptoms. It is used in the obstruction of airways in children that suffer from bronchial asthma; it has a good response on whooping cough, spastic bronchitis and chronic cold.
#5: Pleurisy root powder. Pleurisy root is an expectorant and is thought to be helpful against respiratory infections. It is traditionally used as an expectorant for bronchitis. Pleurisy root was used by Native American tribes both internally as a remedy for pulmonary infections and topically to treat wounds.
#6: Fenugreek extract. Fenugreek contains potent antioxidants that have beneficial effects on the liver, lungs and pancreas. In Ayurvedic medicine, it is used for fever, vomiting, coughs, bronchitis and more. The herb is also used to ease digestive tract disorders, and to lower blood sugar and cholesterol.
#7: Horehound extract. Horehound is a medicinal mint that is native to Morocco but was carried to Europe and North America. It has been a popular cough and cold remedy since ancient times. It has also been used in homeopathic remedies to reduce inflammation of the respiratory tract. The compound marrubiin (marubin) stimulates the central nervous system. This results in the secretion of fluids into the bronchial passageways, softening phlegm and relaxing the smooth muscle of the bronchi, while promoting mucus production and expectoration.
#8: Mullein leaf powder. Mullein has been popular as a remedy for respiratory problems such as cough, bronchitis, and asthma. It is also used to soothe throat irritation and clear congestion, control diarrhea, and increase urine production. Mullein relieves upper respiratory congestion in two ways. First, its mucilage soothes injured areas of the mouth and throat. Second, it contains compounds that act on the central nervous system to move phlegm out of the body.
# 9: CoQ10 (Coenzyme Q10). CoQ10 is found in every cell of the body. Your body makes CoQ10, and your cells use it to produce energy your body needs for cell growth and maintenance. It also functions as an antioxidant, which protects the body from damage caused by harmful molecules. CoQ10 is naturally present in small amounts in a wide variety of foods, but levels are particularly high in organ meats such as heart, liver, and kidney, as well as beef, soy oil, sardines, mackerel, and peanuts.
Second Wind™ Proven Health Benefits
Inflammation and free radical damage in the lungs can make breathing difficult. The ingredients in Second Wind™ target the lungs specifically by fighting these two breath-reducing conditions.
Second Wind™ is designed to:
- Support free, natural breathing by keeping the airways open*
- Prevent free radical damage caused to the lungs*
- Support auditory function*
- Promote healthy lungs and respiratory function*
- Support a natural reduction in inflammation*
- Naturally support the immune system*
- Naturally balance mucus levels*
Additional Health Benefits of Second Wind™
Herbal Ingredients in Second Wind™
Targeted herbs reduce inflammation and oxidative stress helping you breathe effortlessly. The powerful herbs English Ivy, horehound, fenugreek, and pleurisy root can help improve common respiratory symptoms like cough, excessive mucus, and inflammation of the air sacs in the lungs. All of these herbs also have strong antimicrobial activity.
Potent Antioxidants in Second Wind™
CoQ10 and N-acetyl L-cysteine are powerful antioxidants that help fight free radical damage in the entire body. Research has revealed that supplemental CoQ10 has the ability to counter histamine, and therefore is beneficial for people with allergies, asthma, or respiratory disease. The amount of CoQ10 present in the body declines with age, so it should be supplemented in the diet, especially by people who are over the age of fifty.
Natural Anti-inflammatory Agents in Second Wind™
Mullein can help target inflammation in the inner ear and help support auditory abilities. Mullein is considered a major anti-inflammatory herb that can also be used in the treatment of swollen joints and arthritis. Mullein leaf extract has the ability to relax the bronchial tract, while loosening phlegm.
The Clinical Studies of Second Wind™ for Healthier Lungs
To provide a full range of nutritional support for your hearing, we also included 10 more vitamins, minerals, and herbs for maximum support.
A clinical study conducted in 1993 measured the serum coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) levels at rest and during incremental exercise in 21 patients with chronic obstIn both groups these levels were decreased compared with those of healthy subjects. In patients with COPD, CoQ10 levels were significantly correlated with body weight in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and 9 patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF). These data suggested that CoQ10 has favorable effects on muscular energy metabolism in patients with chronic lung diseases who have hypoxemia at rest and/or during exercise.
A study conducted in 2018 was done to determine the effectiveness of Tregonella foenum graceum (fenugreek) seeds in mild asthma. The participants were divided into three groups randomly. One group received fenugreek syrup and the other group received honey syrup and the third group received a placebo. Duration of treatment was 4 weeks. Quality of life, Lung function tests and IL-4 levels were evaluated before and after treatment. From 90 participants in the study, 79 completed the process. After study, there was a significant increase in quality of life, lung function tests and IL-4 levels in groups receiving fenugreek and honey.
Another study that took place in 2011 was done to determine the effects of oral administration of glycyrrhizin, an active constituent of licorice root, on lung histopathologic features in BALB/c mice. Twenty-eight BALB/c mice were divided into 4 groups: control, placebo, dexamethasone, and glycyrrhizin. The results of this study suggest that glycyrrhizin had a beneficial effect in treating all the evaluated established long-term histopathologic changes of lung in the mouse model of asthma. Glycyrrhizin may be a promising alternative asthma treatment.
Second Wind™ can naturally help you breathe easier on dusty or polluted days!
Second Wind™ is formulated well-researched ingredients to support your lungs!
How to take Second Wind™
Take two (2) capsules twice a day with food for best absorption.
Happy Client Testimonials
We live in a neighborhood that has a lot of Juniper trees. The pollen was affecting my breathing. After taking a bottle of SECOND WIND I could breathe better and sleep much better. Excellent product
After using SECOND WIND, I noticed my breathing was easier and I didn’t have shortness of breath so often. This product also seemed to help me cope better with my allergies.
Your product is a Godsend. I’m breathing a lot better, am more active and have more energy since using it for 30 days. Thank You.
I have used SECOND WIND and it has helped me very much. Thank you for your product.
I find that SECOND WIND cuts down on mucus, inflammation and chronic coughing. I’ve taken it for a couple of years and it helps. I am 80 years old.
Although I think your company could win praises for being one of the best around, I do like SECOND WIND. As a smoker, it really is good for smoker’s breathing. Thanks again for such good products.
I have been taking this product for many months now. This is a great addition to your daily supplements. My lung power (breathing) has been improved from taking SECOND WIND. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to improve their lung health.
SECOND WIND helped my body to heal my lungs to the point that I can go golfing and walk nine holes without running out of breath. Thank you for a wonderful product.
SECOND WIND is a high quality product. I love how it helped me breathe easier. My allergy symptoms were drastically improved with this product. Your products are simply the best!
The Denver, CO. & Summit, UT., high country - along with the mountains of Oregon and California - all have thin air. As a truck driver your SECOND WIND was all I needed to help me breathe – thanks a bunch!
I believe it helps you breathe easier. I started out taking I capsule twice a day, but now I take two twice daily. I breathe much better since taking it. I’m 76 years old and with the help of SECOND WIND I hope to breathe good for many more years.
At the time I used SECOND WIND, I had congestion and circulation problems. This was due to inhaling chemicals at the workplace. SECOND WIND proved to be just the right supplement. My lungs and nasal passages responded, and the rest is history.
I have been a speaker and a singer for most of my adult life. I really need my voice! Off and on about the past four years I noticed I often had a little nagging cough, not due to much I could trace. The doctor did chest x-rays and other tests - nothing. When I started taking SECOND WIND I noticed a difference the first week. My cough went away and I can count on having a strong, clean voice. I have been taking the product for about a year now.
I have been using SECOND WIND for 2 years or more. It really gives you a “second wind”. It helps me fight off colds, coughs and any respiratory infection. This is a wonderful product.
After 5 years (of suffering), SECOND WIND has finally offered me relief from terrible throat congestion, asthma and bronchitis. Thank you!
SECOND WIND has helped my breathing a lot. I couldn’t draw a really deep breath till I started taking SECOND WIND. I didn’t think it would help much, but now I can do deep, heavy breathing I couldn’t do before.
Being a heavy smoker for over 40 years, I began having shortness of breath problems. I decided to try your herbal respiratory formula SECOND WIND and have been taking it for the past couple of months. It definitely improved my breathing and I will continue using it indefinitely.
SECOND WIND is great stuff. I’ve been taking it for 2 months. I can breathe better now. Thank you.
When I get out of my car and walk about 30 steps, I could not breathe easily - it took about 45 seconds before I could breathe easily again. Since I have been using SECOND WIND this does not happen. I will keep using it.
As a professional speaker and educator it is important for me to have clear speech (as opposed to wheezing) but stamina as well. Having various allergies, at any given time I’d be lucky to be breathing out of one nostril at best and finding myself “huffing and puffing” on my daily walks and workouts. Being the skeptic that I am, I thought I would “try” SECOND WIND for a month (not really expecting any significant change, having tried so many other “wonder products” with virtually no positive results). Almost immediately upon taking SECOND WIND I noticed a remarkable change…suddenly I was able to “really” breathe again. My lungs not only felt clearer, but with time I saw my stamina and lung capacity significantly increasing - the fact that this is all-natural has really impressed me. I LOVE this product!
I am using Second Wind for almost a year now for my good respiratory health. Due to second hand smoke and other pollutants in the air, I cough, sneeze, and asthma attacks and shortness of breath. When I started using Second Wind all the nasty feeling especially wheezing cough stopped. Using Second Wind is a part of my health regimen.
Second Wind opens up my respiratory so I can breathe better. It helps when the flowers bloom. It helps your breathing. When blooms come out in the spring, you get all stopped up. Not so with Second Wind.
I am 79 ½. Since I was a boy I have had problems with sinuses, nose and throat. Colds all winter. Tried everything even at 16 had an operation to take out some cartilage in my nose. Now I use second wind daily to keep me in good shape. The second wind is keeping me well.
I can’t say enough about this product. I swear by it. I have not had to go to the hospital in two years because of second wind. Before I started taking it I was coughing all the time. My sinus stayed infected it was a mess and I always ended up with pneumonia. Now thanks to second wind I don’t have a cough or any respiratory problems. Thank you.
I will tell everyone that I take second wind every day. And how good second wind it. It works wonderful it does just what it says it gives you second wind all the time.
I have been using second wind for three months. I am very satisfied with it. I have less coughing and mucus. Feel that I can breathe deeper and my lungs are clearer. I will continue using it and recommend it to others.
This is a great product that has helped me tremendously. I have more energy since getting rid of the congestion I have had for so long. Thank you for this product that has made my life so much better. You’re in good health.
My daughter has always developed chronic cough after every cold. She is a tattoo artist and it sure doesn’t look good for her to be coughing nor is it good for her steadiness of hand. This January I began giving her second wind capsules every day. I was so surprised! After two days her cough was gone. Again just yesterday she started another cold. I immediately gave her the second wind and again no coughing. This girl had asthma as a child and I could always locate her in a group because of her cough. I love this product because it works. p.s. my daughter brought some second wind to her boss and it stopped his cough too.
I have recently received my second shipment of second wind. I have been buying it for my significant other age 62 a few months ago he could not climb stairs or walk across his yard without breathing difficulties. His efforts to get help from his hometown physician and the VA have been frustrating. Expressive inhalers have had only minimal effectiveness. A friend recommended second wind to me. It seems to be helping him. He is a very active person and can now work and play for longer periods of time without stopping to catch his breath. He has recently started to take daily walks which will improve his overall health.
After smoking for about 20 years and quitting a few times plus family history of bad lungs allergies and now asthma. Also I am a hairdresser. I am hoping for this product to at best allow me to continue the excusining I have been doing without being so breathless. So far so good. I am not discouraged and plan on continuing this product to it further. If it helps me I am sure my family will notice and ask how. I will share the wonderful product information with them. Thank you for caring and creating something that I believe promises to help me have a fuller life maybe ever happier
This product has helped me very much. Even my doctor said my lungs a much clearer. I sleep better this is the best product I have ever used.
This product is really helping a nagging cough I have had for a very long time. It’s the only thing I’ve tried that I’ve had success with. Thank you thank you thank you.
Second wind was recommended to me by my sister who has used it for years. She was correct! My breathing is 100% improved. Have recommended it to several friends.
I am almost done with my second bottle I recently ordered another bottle I am not coughing as much or sneezing as much. I believe it is keeping my allergies under control I also feel relief in my chest when I had pneumonia. Thank you for your product.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. This product in not inteded to treat, cure or prevent disease. The testimonials presented here are from actual users of the product, individual results may vary.
- Xie Y-C, Dong X-W, Wu X-M, Yan X-F, Xie Q-M. Inhibitory effects of flavonoids extracted from licorice on lipopolysaccharide-induced acute pulmonary inflammation in mice. Int Immunopharmacol. 2009;9(2):194-200.
- Chirumbolo S. Commentary: The antiviral and antimicrobial activities of licorice, a widely-used Chinese herb. Front Microbiol. 2016;7:531.
- Wang L, Yang R, Yuan B, Liu Y, Liu C. The antiviral and antimicrobial activities of licorice, a widely-used Chinese herb. Acta Pharm Sin B. 2015;5(4):310-315.
- Rathnavelu V, Alitheen NB, Sohila S, Kanagesan S, Ramesh R. Potential role of bromelain in clinical and therapeutic applications. Biomed Rep. 2016;5(3):283-288.
- Song KJ, Shin Y-J, Lee KR, Lee EJ, Suh YS, Kim K-S. Expectorant and antitussive effect of Hedera helix and Rhizoma coptidis extracts mixture. Yonsei Med J. 2015;56(3):819-824.
- Abe F, Yamauchi T. An androstane bioside and 3’-thiazolidinone derivatives of doubly-linked cardenolide glycosides from the roots of Asclepias tuberosa. Chem Pharm Bull . 2000;48(7):991-993.
- Rodríguez Villanueva J, Martín Esteban J. An Insight into a Blockbuster Phytomedicine; Marrubium vulgare L. Herb. More of a Myth than a Reality? Phytother Res. 2016;30(10):1551-1558.
- Pearson W, Charch A, Brewer D, Clarke AF. Pilot study investigating the ability of an herbal composite to alleviate clinical signs of respiratory dysfunction in horses with recurrent airway obstruction. Can J Vet Res. 2007;71(2):145-151.
- McCarthy E, O’Mahony JM. What’s in a Name? Can Mullein Weed Beat TB Where Modern Drugs Are Failing? Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2011;2011.
- Calzetta L, Matera MG, Rogliani P, Cazzola M. Multifaceted activity of N-acetyl-l-cysteine in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Expert Rev Respir Med. 2018;12(8):693-708
- Sanguinetti CM. N-acetylcysteine in COPD: why, how, and when? Multidiscip Respir Med. 2015;11:8.
- Pundarikakshudu K, Shah DH, Panchal AH, Bhavsar GC. Anti-inflammatory activity of fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum Linn) seed petroleum ether extract. Indian J Pharmacol. 2016;48(4):441-444.
- Zhai J, Bo Y, Lu Y, Liu C, Zhang L. Effects of Coenzyme Q10 on Markers of Inflammation: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. PLoS One. 2017;12(1):e0170172.
- Tardiolo G, Bramanti P, Mazzon E. Overview on the Effects of N-Acetylcysteine in Neurodegenerative Diseases. Molecules. 2018;23(12).
- Uraz S, Tahan G, Aytekin H, Tahan V. N-acetylcysteine expresses powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant activities resulting in complete improvement of acetic acid-induced colitis in rats. Scand J Clin Lab Invest. 2013;73(1):61-66.
- Zhang Y, Ding S, Li C, Wang Y, Chen Z, Wang Z. Effects of N-acetylcysteine treatment in acute respiratory distress syndrome: A meta-analysis. Exp Ther Med. 2017;14(4):2863-2868.
- Marom T, Marchisio P, Tamir SO, Torretta S, Gavriel H, Esposito S. Complementary and Alternative Medicine Treatment Options for Otitis Media: A Systematic Review. Medicine . 2016;95(6):e2695.
- Rodriguez-Fragoso L, Reyes-Esparza J, Burchiel SW, Herrera-Ruiz D, Torres E. Risks and benefits of commonly used herbal medicines in Mexico. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2008;227(1):125-135.
- Sendowski I, Holy X, Raffin F, Cazals Y. Magnesium and hearing loss. In: Vink R, Nechifor M, eds. Magnesium in the Central Nervous System. Adelaide (AU): University of Adelaide Press; 2018.
- Mokhtari V, Afsharian P, Shahhoseini M, Kalantar SM, Moini A. A Review on Various Uses of N-Acetyl Cysteine. Cell J. 2017;19(1):11-17.
- National Center for Health Statistics. Health, United States 2015 with Special Feature on Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities. Hyattsville, MD: US Dept Health and Human Services; 2016.
- Wheaton AG, Cunningham TJ, Ford ES, Croft JB. Employment and activity limitations among adults with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease — United States, 2013. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2015:64 (11):290–295.
- Greenlund KJ, Liu Y, Deokar AJ, Wheaton AG, Croft JB. Association of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease with increased confusion or memory loss and functional limitations among adults in 21 states, 2011 Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System. Prev Chronic Dis. 2016;13:150428. DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.5888/pcd13.150428external icon.
- Liu Y, Croft JB, Anderson LA, Wheaton AG, Presley-Cantrell LR, Ford ES. The association of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, disability, engagement in social activities, and mortality among US adults aged 70 years or older: 1994-2006. Int J COPD. 2014;9:75–83.
- Wheaton AG, Ford ES, Cunningham TJ, Croft JB. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, hospital visits, and comorbidities—National Survey of Residential Care Facilities, 2010. J Aging Health. 2015;27:480–499.
- Cunningham TJ, Ford ES, Rolle IV, Wheaton AG, Croft JB. Association of self-reported cigarette smoking with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and co-morbid chronic conditions in the United States. COPD. 2015;12;276–286.
- Wheaton AG, Ford ES, Thompson WW, Greenlund KJ, Presley-Cantrell LR, Croft JB. Pulmonary function, chronic respiratory symptoms, and health-related quality of life among adults in the United States—National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 2007-2010. BMC Public Health. 2013;13:854.
Serving Size: 2 vegetable capsules
Servings Per Container: 60
- Amount Per Serving% DV**
Licorice Root Extract250 mg†
N-Acetyl L-Cysteine200 mg†
Bromelain (from Pineapple Stem)155 mg†
English Ivy Extract (Leaf)150 mg†
Pleurisy Root Powder150 mg†
Fenugreek Extract (Seed )100 mg†
Horehound Extract (Whole Herb)60 mg†
Mullein Leaf Extract50 mg†
**Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
† Daily Value not established.
Other Ingredients: Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Rice Flour, Silicon Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate.
Suggested Use: Take two (2) vegetable capsules twice daily with food. Store in a cool, dry place.
Please consult your healthcare practitioner before using any nutritional supplement, especially if you are taking medications on a regular basis, anticipate surgery,or are otherwise under medical supervision. Product not intended for use by children under 18 or women who are pregnant or lactating.