A natural solution to support your immune, digestive, and gut health!
The digestive system (GI tract, liver, pancreas, gallbladder) helps your body digest food. The gut flora, or good bacteria, are also important for good digestion. Food and drink must be broken down into smaller molecules to facilitate their absorption and distribution to other cells in the body. If the food is not digested, abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhea and other symptoms can occur. DIGESTION PROTECTION is a unique blend that contains two clinically tested ingredients for immediate digestive support.
Did you know that one of the top complaints by Americans is GI discomfort?
How about you? Are you having gut issues?
According to the National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse (NNDDIC), digestive disorders are estimated to affect 60–70 million people in the United States. It is also estimated that 8.5 million people in the United States are affected by hemorrhoids each year. Additionally, 2.1 million people are affected by irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), and gallstones affect 20.5 million people.
Digestive disorders, or gastrointestinal diseases, include several conditions that affect the digestive system, including constipation, hemorrhoids, irritable bowel syndrome, ulcers and others. At the same time, indigestion can cause abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting.
Having good digestion is extremely important because in the process of breaking down nutrients, your body obtains the amino acids, carbohydrates, fats, and vitamins needed to keep your cells functioning. DIGESTION PROTECTION is an essential proprietary combination of clinically tested natural ingredients to help calm occasional GI discomfort as it promotes intestinal immune function, healthy digestion, proper nutrient absorption, and regular elimination.
What is the function of the digestive system?
The body obtains its energy by eating food. The main function of the digestive system is to provide the body with amino acids, carbohydrates, fats, and vitamins. These essential nutrients are given to the 75 trillion cells in your body!
The digestive tract takes both liquids and food and breaks them down into single molecules that are mainly absorbed by cells in the small intestine. These cells carry the molecules into the bloodstream and other cells can use them. The digestive tract also helps to eliminate what your body can’t absorb.
DIGESTION PROTECTION combines two clinically tested ingredients known as Benegut™ in combination with FermaPro™ Ginger. These ingredients promote healthy digestion, calm occasional digestive upset, and support intestinal immune function.
Are You at Risk of Digestive Problems?
Children and adults can develop digestive problems. Disorders in the digestive system can affect several parts of the digestive system at the same time, while others only affect one part or one organ. There are many disorders whose causes vary, and some can also be attributed to food allergies or intolerances.
Factors that may disturb the GI tract and its motility:
- Eating a diet low in fiber
- Lack of physical activity
- Constant traveling
- Consuming large amounts of dairy products
- Resisting the urge to have a bowel movement
- Laxatives (stool softeners)
- Antacid medicines containing calcium or aluminum
- Medications (antidepressants, pain killers, etc.)
Why DIGESTION PROTECTION?
DIGESTION PROTECTION provides two potent nutrients known as fermented ginger root extract and perilla leaf extract. These ingredients have shown to support the digestive system, gut flora and immune system.
These nutrients include:
#1: FermaPro® Fermented Ginger Root.Ginger (Zingiber officinale) possesses numerous health benefits. The rhizomes have been used since ancient times, playing a role in various traditional medicinal systems, including Traditional Chinese Medicine and Ayurveda. With the fermentation process, ginger becomes more bioavailable and effective to help relieve digestive complaints. Fermented ginger root is a rich source of antioxidants. Additionally, ginger root supports a healthy internal response and promotes good digestion. The advantage of FermaPro fermented ginger root are 1) its improved bioavailability, 2) reduces pungency and increases water solubility, and 3) helps improve nutrient absorption.
FermaPro fermented ginger root appears to support digestive comfort by:
- Promoting digestion
- Helping to ease occasional nausea, motion sickness and flatulence
- Preventing oxidative stress
- Supporting a healthy inflammatory response
- Helping to reduce hunger
- Enhancing the thermic effect of food and promoting fullness
#2: Benegut® (Perilla Leaf Extract). Benegut is an innovative, natural, gut health ingredient based on the extract of Shiso leaves (Perilla frutescens). It has an immediate and perceptible balancing effect on bowel comfort. Benegut is a proprietary extract of the herb Perilla frutescens that is standardized to its key active ingredient, Vicenin-2, as well as to rosmarinic acid and a special flavonoid fraction. Benegut produces immediate results. In a double-blind, placebo-controlled human clinical trial, 80% of subjects reported substantial relief from occasional gastrointestinal discomfort after using Benegut. Due to its physiological efficacy, Benegut also helps improve psychosocial (quality of life) issues associated with digestive difficulties.
Benegut appears to support digestive comfort by:
- Decreasing excitatory cytokines such as TNF-alpha.
- Relaxing smooth muscles in the gut.
- Acting as a reversible cholinesterase inhibitor to improve gut motility.
A clinically proven formula that provides the benefits your digestive system needs to function as it should!
DIGESTION PROTECTION Proven Health Benefits
DIGESTION PROTECTION contains two clinically studied ingredients that, when combined, have a higher effectiveness, bioavailability and synergy.
DIGESTION PROTECTION may:
- Reduce occasional abdominal discomfort and feeling of fullness*
- Alleviate occasional gas and bloating*
- Improve daily regularity*
- Support healthy bowel movement*
- Reduce inflammation*
- Support the immune system*
- Reduce GI discomfort*
- Support optimal digestive health*
- Support the gut microbiome*
- Improve digestion, absorption, elimination and your Quality of Life!
The Clinical Studies of DIGESTION PROTECTION for Optimal Digestive and Gut Health
A study published in BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine Journal found several benefits and improved function, achieved in people with IBS (a functional loss of tolerance in the GI Tract) when consuming a 300 mg daily dose of Perilla Extract. The pilot study was performed according to a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled parallel design. Fifty healthy subjects with gastrointestinal discomfort and reduced bowel movements, 30-70 years, documented their GI symptoms, stool frequency and consistency daily during a 2-week run-in phase and a 4-week intervention phase with Perilla frutescens extract or placebo. The results demonstrated that Perilla frutescens extract can improve GI complaints.
In another study conducted in 2012, Perilla showed to have potent anti-inflammatory effects, which might help people with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). The study particularly focused on the immune system. They looked at macrophages, which are abundant in the gastrointestinal tract and play an important role in inflammatory disease by generating reactive oxygen species (ROS) and inflammatory cytokines. Antioxidant enzyme activity increased in macrophages that were administered Perilla, while reactive oxygen species decreased. The extract suppressed nitric oxide production, and inhibited all pro-inflammatory cytokines studied.
In a large study conducted in 2014, ginger was given for IBS treatment in a pilot study of 45 IBS patients, who randomly consumed placebo, or 1 g of ginger, or 2 g of ginger daily for 28 days. Ginger was well tolerated but it did not show better effects in comparison with placebo. Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a common functional chronic gastrointestinal disorder, consisting of abdominal discomfort with changes in bowel habits. The effectiveness of current therapeutic strategies for IBS is limited and about 40% of patients use alternative medicine to treat their symptoms.
A study that took place in 2008, twenty-four healthy volunteers were studied twice in a randomized double-blind manner. After an 8-hour fast, the volunteers ingested three ginger capsules (total 1200 mg) or placebo, followed after 1 hour by 500 ml of low-nutrient soup. Gastrointestinal sensations and appetite were scored using visual analog questionnaires. The results showed that ginger accelerates gastric emptying and stimulates antral contractions in healthy volunteers.
DIGESTION PROTECTION naturally supports your gut health and digestion!
DIGESTION PROTECTION is formulated with the best health nutrients to support digestive health!
How to Take DIGESTION PROTECTION
Suggested Use: Take one capsule twice daily.
- National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse (NNDDIC). Digestive Diseases Statistics. NIH Publication No. 06–3873. December 2005. http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/statistics/statistics.htm, accessed 01/12/10.
- Buchwald-Werner S, Fujii H, Reule C, Schoen C. (2014). Perilla extract improves gastrointestinal discomfort in a randomized placebo controlled double blind human pilot study. BMC Complement Altern Med. 14:173.
- Unpublished study. Vital Solutions GmbH, Amino Up Chemicals
- Fujii H, et al. AgroFOOD Industry Hi-Tech. 2012.
- Verspohl EJ, et al. Phytomedicine. 2013.
- Buchwald-Werner S, Fuji H. Planta Medica. 2012.
- Verspohl EJ, Fujii H, Homma K, Buchwald-Werner S. (2013). Testing of Perilla frutescens extract and Vicenin 2 for their antispasmodic effect. Phytomedicine. 20(5):427-31.
- Lee, H.A., Han, J.S. (2012). Anti-inflammatory Effect of Perilla frutescens (L.) Britton var. frutescens Extract in LPS-stimulated RAW 264.7 Macrophages. Prev Nutr Food Sci Vol 17, p 109-115.
- Pavan, R., Jain, S., Shraddha, Kumar A. (2012). Properties and therapeutic application of bromelain: a review. Biotechnol Res Int. 2012:976203.
- Zucker, S., Buttle, D.J., Nicklin, M.J., Barrett, A.J. (1985). The proteolytic activities of chymopapain, papain, and papaya proteinase III. Biochim Biophys Acta. 828(2):196-204.
- Valussi, M. (2012). Functional foods with digestion-enhancing properties. Int J Food Sci Nutr. 63 Suppl 1:82-9.
- Alavinezhad, A., Boskabady, M.H. (2014). Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, and Immunological Effects of Carum copticum L. and Some of Its Constituents. Phytother Res.
- Argüeso, P., Guzman-Aranguez, A., Mantelli, F., Cao, Z., Ricciuto, J., Panjwani, N. (2009). Association of cell surface mucins with galectin-3 contributes to the ocular surface epithelial barrier. J Biol Chem. Aug 21;284(34):23037-45.
- Abe, N., Hirata, A., Funato, H., Nakai, M., Iizuka, M., Yagi, Y., … Moriyama H. (2015). Swallowing function improvement effect of Ginger (Zingiber officinale). Food Science and Technology Research, 21(5), 705–714.
- Ali, B. H., Blunden, G., Tanira, M. O., & Nemmar, A. (2008). Some phytochemical, pharmacological and toxicological properties of ginger (Zingiber officinale Roscoe): A review of recent research. Food and Chemical Toxicology, 46(2), 409–420.
- Ansari, M., Porouhan, P., Mohammadianpanah, M., Omidvari, S., Mosalaei, A., Ahmadloo, N., … Hamedi, S. H. (2016). Efficacy of ginger in control of chemotherapy induced nausea and vomiting in breast cancer patients receiving doxorubicin‐based chemotherapy. Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention, 17(8), 3877–3880.
- Apariman, S., Ratchanon, S., & Wiriyasirivej, B. (2006). Effectiveness of ginger for prevention of nausea and vomiting after gynecological laparoscopy. Journal‐Medical Association of Thailand, 89(12), 2003.
- Arsenault, M., Lane, C., MacKinnon, C., Bartellas, E., Cargill, Y., Klein, M., … Wilson A. (2002). The management of nausea and vomiting of pregnancy. Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Canada, 24(10), 817–831; quiz 832‐813.
- Arslan, M., & Ozdemir, L. (2015). Oral intake of ginger for chemotherapy‐induced nausea and vomiting among women with breast cancer. Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing, 19(5), E92–E97.
Serving Size:1 capsule
Servings Per Container: 60
- %Daily Value*
- FermaPro® Fermented 200mg†Ginger Root
Benegut® (Perilla Leaf Extract)150 mg†
† Daily Value not established
Other Ingredients: Maltodextrin, Capsule (Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose) and acacia gum.
Suggested use: Take one capsule twice daily
Benegut® is registered trademark of Vital Solutions Gmbh, Germany
FermaPro® is registered trademark of RFI, LLC