Taking care of your heart is one of the most important health related decisions that you can make. After all, if your “ticker” goes out on you, it can easily mean the end of the road. The heart and the brain are two vitally important organs. Therefore, you should guard, bolst...Read Article
The latest heart health advice.
- I had a dream recently that I reached into my medicine cabinet, and there on the shelf was a little orange plastic pill bottle filled with chocolate. The label said “Take three times daily, between meals.” Could this be a dream come true, or could it be possible that eating more chocolate is a...Read Article
- If you are taking statins to reduce cholesterol levels and improve your overall cardiovascular health , the last thing you want to know is that statins may increase the risk of diabetes. However, experts are quick to point out that the risk is far outweighed by the benefits – here’s why. A r...Read Article
- Stressful jobs or juggling work and family commitments often means that a full night’s sleep is a luxury rarely enjoyed. Caffeine to keep us going through the day can also have an effect on sleep patterns. However, as well as feeling drowsy, gaining weight and having difficulty concentrating, studi...Read Article
- Amino acids are a vital component to good health and play many important roles in the human body. They build cells, help produce enzymes and hormones, form antibodies to fight bacteria and viruses and help with tissue repair. Heavily researched for their effects on health and we...Read Article
- A new study published by researchers from the University of Gothenburg in Sweden suggests that mouth and intestinal bacteria can influence the outcome of atherosclerosis - the first, necessary step for heart disease to occur. Some of the diseases that may develop as a result of atherosclerosis include coronary heart disease, angina (chest pain), carotid artery disease, peripheral artery disease...Read Article