Natural Supplements and Vitamins: Why They Are Important
The evidence is now clear that in order to maintain proper health the human body requires at least 40 essential micro-nutrients (vitamins, minerals, and other biochemicals). Is your diet alone providing these nutrients?
With our active lifestyles it is not always easy to eat right. That’s why it is important to include natural supplements & vitamins in our daily routine, to help fill in the gaps. Let’s take a look at exactly why vitamins and minerals are so important to the body.
Minerals make up our body tissues and work with a broad array of our body’s vital functions include hormones, vitamins and enzymes.
Mineral supplements may help improve our nerves, cells, blood formation, fluid regulation, blood pressure, and energy. The best mineral supplements in the macro-mineral category include calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, chlorine, sodium and sulfur.
Trace minerals including zinc, manganese, copper, iodine, cobalt, and iron, are also equally necessary to the body. They activate enzymes in the body that keep cells functioning smoothly.
- Vitamin A - an extremely important vitamin for the body. It helps with healthy skin, as well as improving eyesight.
- Vitamin B - this group includes B1, B2, B6, B12, biotin, folic acid, and pathogenic acid. Help boost metabolism for weight loss, as well as the production of red blood cells. The B vitamin spectrum makes sure that your body receives the proper amount of oxygen.
- Vitamin C – strengthens the immune system to help prevent the onslaught of colds and flu’s. It also assists to keep tissues healthy and ensure that you heal quickly.
- Vitamin D - helps with strong bones and teeth. It also assists with the absorption of calcium.
- Vitamin E- maintains the body’s tissues; it helps with the eyes, skin and protects us against pollution.
- Vitamin K - assists with stopping bleeding and can be found in leafy greens, broccoli and dairy.
Natural Food Supplements
Foods in whole, natural, unprocessed form should be the base of any healthy diet. However natural dietary supplements also have benefits in our hectic lifestyles. These super-foods can help provide the nutritional support to help improve health and reduce certain risk factors for ailments such as heart disease, high cholesterol and high blood pressure. These powdered super-foods are supplements that can provide a full day’s serving of vegetables and fruits.