Top Ten Superfoods: Introducing the Superberries
1. Black Cherry is famous for its ability to reduce pain and inflammation...so much so that studies tell us that these same compounds found in Black Cherry may also reduce the risk of colon cancer.
2. Raspberry has been shown to be high in antioxidant power, and a warrior against disease. This superberry helps to fight heart disease, improve vision, preserve memory, and help fend off stroke, Alzheimer's, arthritis, and other age-related health concerns.
3. Acai (ah-SAH'-ee) comes from the Cabbage Palm, and packs 10 times more antioxidants than red grapes and about 30 times more anthocyanins than red wine! Together they target harmful free radicals and help to stop premature aging by improving cell growth and regeneration. The disease fighting properties of this superberry have been talked about on MSNBC News and even discussed on The Oprah Winfrey Show because the acai berry is considered to be the world's number one superfood.
4. Blackberry is another superberry, known to be heart friendly by reducing oxidative stress and keeping the entire cardiovascular system at its best.
5. Black Current stays busy as a powerful cholesterol buster, especially the LDL bad cholesterol—and is believed to be more effective than fish oil supplements.
6. Blueberry has been shown to clear brain fog and boost memory and mental capacity.
7. Cranberry has been used for centuries to protect and support the bladder, particularly helpful throughout the years.
8. Lycium or Goji berries has a long history as a powerful blood tonic. Herbalists have relied on Lycium (Goji) to help with symptoms such as ringing in the ears, blurred vision, male sexual problems, and irritability.
9. The Acerola superberry—known to put the brakes on aging, help reduce inflammation and kill pain, provide mineral salts and proteins, and generally gives a glowing complexion, from the inside out!
10. Bilberries contain flavonoids that studies show help to strengthen capillaries, improve circulation, reduce and even reverse blood vessel deterioration and inflammation. Bilberries are so potent that they help reinforce the entire vascular system and improve night vision! History tells us that during WWII, pilots in the Royal Air Force used to eat bilberries to improve their night vision!