Heart Healthy Recipes
When it comes to heart health, you cannot do much better than omega-3 fatty acids and fiber. Omega-3s help promote optimal blood flow, blood pressure, and coagulability or "thickness" of the blood, while studies have shown a stunning 29 percent reduction in heart disease for every 10-gram increase in fiber.
Fortunatly, you can benefit from both of these nutrients in one delicious meal. Not only is this salad packed with heart-healthy omega-3s, but it is also has natural, plant-based fiber.
2 grilled fresh salmon steaks (about 4 ounces each), sliced into 1/2” thick slices
2 cups romaine lettuce torn into bite-size pieces
1 cup red leaf lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar, divided
1 tomato, sliced
1/2 pound fresh green beans, cooked
2–3 hard boiled eggs, sliced
10–20 small black olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- Place lettuce in a large bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon vinegar.
- Portion the dressed lettuce and tomato slices onto two large plates.
- Toss green beans with other 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon vinegar.
- Place egg slices around outer rim of plates and green beans in the center.
- Top with salmon slices and chopped olives.