5 Tips For Improving Your Eyesight Naturally
1. Supplement your diet with the dietary herbal supplement Lutein: Because most people don’t get enough lutein and other vision-enhancing nutrients in their diets, millions of Americans take supplements to avoid and mitigate eye problems related to aging and improve their eyesight naturally.
2. Perform eye exercises: Your eyes are muscles and just like all the other muscles in your body they need a certain amount of exercise in order to function to their fullest potential. The type of eye exercise needed will vary from person to person so you should talk with your holistic practitioner to determine the ones that will work best for you.
3. Take breaks from the computer screen: Millions of Americans spend all of their working hours in front of a computer and then go home and stare at the screen another three or four hours. To ease eye strain, make sure you use good lighting and sit at a proper distance from the computer screen. Because poor posture can contribute to eyestrain, be sure to adjust your workstation and your chair to the correct height so that you are not leaning forward or squinting to see the screen.
At least once every hour you should take some time away from your computer to rest your eyes. Stand up during your breaks and stretch out your arms, legs, back, neck and shoulders to help alleviate tension and muscle soreness. Once you sit back down to work, take five to 10 seconds to just close your eyes and rest them before resuming your task.
4. Protect your eyes from the sun: The UV radiation from the sun can damage sensitive eye tissue and can actually burn the front surface of the eye. Always use sunglasses that provide UV protection and wear a wide-brimmed hat when you are out in the sun, even for a few minutes. If you are going to be in the bright sunlight for a prolonged period you should wear wrap-around frames that provide additional protection.
5. Get adequate rest: Your eyes, along with the rest of your body, must have proper rest in order to function properly. During sleep is the only time that your eyes are closed for extended periods so that they have the chance to rest and relax.
Are you following some of these tips to help keep your eyesight healthy?